Once you log into Threat Stack Application Security (AppSec) Monitoring, you download the microagent, run the installer, and add some line of code to your application.
You download the Threat Stack AppSec installer from the Application Security Monitoring page in the Threat Stack Cloud Security PlatformⓇ (CSP).
If your software engineers do not have access to the Threat Stack CSP, then give them one of the following links to download the Threat Stack AppSec installer:
- For Node.js: https://pkg.threatstack.com/appsec/node/bluefyre-agent-node-latest.tgz.
- For Python: ...loading.
- For Ruby: ...loading
- In the left navigation bar, select the Applications tab. In the right view pane, the AppSec Monitoring page displays.
- Select a project and click the Agents button.
To create a project, please see Threat Stack AppSec Projects > Create New Project.
- The Agents screen displays. Click the Download Agent button.
The Download Agent screen displays.
- In the type of microagent you want to download, click the Download button. The Threat Stack AppSec installer downloads.
After downloading the installer, you will be required to run a series of commands to complete the installation. For more information, please see Install the Threat Stack AppSec Microagent.
Once you configure your Threat Stack AppSec project(s) and microagent(s), add a microagent ID to your application’s environment. For more information, please see Set Microagent ID and Run Application.
As soon as your application is running, view the Agent Timeline page. The Agent Timeline page displays some information in the Environment pane, and the Events in last 24h pane begins to increment. If you do not see this information, the microagent may not be properly reporting to the AppSec Monitoring service.
To troubleshoot the issue, you can run in a debug mode and view details.
- Stop the application.
- Open the Command Line window.
- Restart the application with one of the following commands:
DEBUG='bluefyre:*' npm start
- Python Django
DEBUG=true BLUEFYRE_AGENT_ID="23423432424234" LOGLEVEL=DEBUG bluefyrectl execProgram python manage.py runserver --noreload 0.0.0.0:5001
- Python gunicorn
DEBUG=true BLUEFYRE_AGENT_ID="23423432424234" LOGLEVEL=DEBUG bluefyrectl execProgram gunicorn web_project.wsgi -b :5001