Multi-factor authentication increases the security of your App Infrastructure Protection (AIP) account. It requires you to verify your identity with a password, then use a second device such as a mobile phone, tablet, or landline to authenticate the login.
If you do not already use a multi-factor authentication provider, you can use the Google Authenticator app to enroll in multi-factor authentication with AIP.
AIP only verifies multi-factor authentication with the Google Authenticator app. If you use a different time-based one-time password (TOTP) app, then that TOTP app should work, but AIP does not support it.
- Access to the AIP console
- On your mobile device, a downloaded and installed up-to-date version of the Google Authenticator app
Set Up Multi-Factor Authentication
- Log into AIP.
- In the left navigation pane, click Settings. The Settings page displays. The Profile Settings page displays.
- In the User Profile section, click the Enroll in Multi-Factor Authentication button. The Configure Mobile Device App screen displays.
- In the AIP browser window, click the Yes button. The Scan your QR code screen displays.
- On your mobile device, use the Google Authenticator to scan the QR code. The Google Authenticator app displays a code.
- Click the Next button. In the AIP browser window, the Confirm Code screen displays.
- In the AIP browser window, type the code displayed in the Google Authenticator app.
- Click the Confirm button. Your AIP account successfully enrolls in multi-factor authentication.
Make sure you keep a copy of your backup codes in a safe location. If you cannot sign in using Google Authenticator, you can use one of these backup codes instead.
- Click the Done button. You return to the General Settings tab. The next time you log into AIP, you will be prompted for both a password and a Google Authenticator code.