Threat Stack provides the ability to change the level of logging on your Agents with a simple configuration value.
To change the Agent's logging level:
Open the command line and type one of the following commands:
- Agent 1.x series:
sudo cloudsight config log_level=[value]
- For Agent 2.x series:
sudo tsagent config --set log.level
where value is replaced with one of the following options:
- fatal- The Agent logs a message when it can no longer proceed without a restart due to an error condition.
- error- The Agent logs a message when an important task cannot be completed.
- warn- The Agent logs a message when an unexpected event occurs that may impair the agent.
- info- The Agent logs a message for important configuration settings and the start and stop of major software subsystems. Info is the default logging level.
- debug- The Agent logs a message for key state information useful to software engineers for debugging, as well as the start and stop of minor software subsystems.
- trace- The Agent logs a message with detailed state information useful to software engineers for debugging
The logging level includes logs of the selected level and above. For example, if you select error, then the logs contain error, warn, and fatal messages.